These little cookies are super sweet, super soft, and also… Egg free!
I am a huge fan of the brown sugar flavour in these as well. Although this recipe uses mostly honey as a natural sweetener, it compliments the brown sugar perfectly, making each of these little cookies packed with sweetness. I also like to sprinkle a little brown sugar on top as well 🙂
These can also be made dairy free as well, by substituting the milk in the recipe for water or a milk alternative (almond milk, coconut milk, etc.) and the butter for coconut oil.
Brown Sugar and Honey Cookies
1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/3 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
4-5 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp butter, melted
1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, honey, vanilla extract, butter, and milk, until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together until dough forms.
- Form dough into 1-2 inch pucks, roughly half an inch thick, and place on cookie sheet.
- Place cookies in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and, if desired, sprinkle brown sugar and drizzle a small amount of honey on each cookie while still warm. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Love It! by Morgan