Soft and gooey lava cookies are like little bites of heaven, which is why I was dying to make them!
Nutella Lava Cookies
4 tablespoons butter or margarine
4 teaspoons canola oil
1 cup brown sugar
2 egg whites
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 2/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup chocolate chips
2 oz. bakers chocolate
3 to 4 tablespoons Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and prepare mini cupcake tins.
2. In a medium bowl, mix butter, oil, and sugar with a fork until it begins to stick together.
3. Mix in egg whites and vanilla with the fork and then the flour and baking soda until combined.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips. Chill the dough in the fridge because it’s too sticky to handle at room temperature.
5. While the dough is chilling, get a double boiler and melt the chocolate and Nutella.
6. Once the filling is all melted, get the chilled dough and place about a teaspoon of dough into each spot of the prepared cupcake tin.
7. Make each teaspoon of dough into cup-like shapes with a spoon or your finger.
8. Pour about a teaspoon of the filling into each cup-cookie.
9. Top the filled cup-cookies with a layer of cookie dough.
10. Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool for 10-15 minutes or serve hot and lava-y.