Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting has always been my biggest weakness but, for some reason, this is the first time I’ve made it myself!
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
4 oz cream cheese
1 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
3 cups grated carrots
1/4 cup crushed walnuts
1/4 cup raisins
8 oz cream cheese
6 tablespoon margarine (or butter)
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare muffin tins.
2. In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs, coconut oil, and cream cheese together with a hand mixer on medium speed for about 3 minutes.
3. Mix in the applesauce and vanilla first and then flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg
4. Fold in the carrots and then fold in the walnuts and raisins.
5. Pour batter into prepared muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes (always do they toothpick test).
6. Once cooked, take out cupcakes to cool for 10-15 minutes.
7. While cooling, get a large bowl and combine the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with a hand mixer on medium for about 3 minutes.
8. Slowly add the icing sugar and beat on medium until smooth and creamy.
9. Spread icing on top of cupcakes and enjoy!