We have been making this fudge recipe since we were kids, and it definitely still tastes just as good now as it did then! This super-simple recipe is an instant favourtie for anyone who loves chocolate and peanut butter.
The best part about this recipe is that you can add some fun extras on top! Today I happened to have a bag of slivered almonds and Nutella….and since I’m a sucker for Nutella…I figured, why not!?
I have written the toppings in the recipe, however, feel free to get creative! Try icing or chocolate chips…pretzels or sprinkles…maybe even some more peanut butter!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Bars
6 tbsp unsalted butter
1 1/2 cup peanut butter (can substitute with natural peanut butter as long as it is not oily)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 cups icing sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tbsp Nutella or hazelnut spread
1/4-1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Prepare an 8×8 baking pan with foil, lightly greasing areas that are not covered by the foil.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter on medium temperature.
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla, icing sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa powder and mix until combined, making sure that the mixture does not burn.
- Place mixture into the prepared baking pan and flatten it out with a spoon or spatula, making sure the layer is evenly pressed and packed well.
- Spread a layer of Nutella evenly on top of the fudge, and evenly sprinkle slivered almonds on top.
- Refrigerate until cooled.
- Once completely cooled, remove from pan and cut into desired sized squares…and enjoy!