And here it is…the cookie of all cookies… butterscotch + apple pie + cookies? Yes please!
Oatmeal Butterscotch Apple Pie Cookies
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 2/3 cup rolled oats (old-fashioned or quick, not instant)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 medium size apples, chopped
1 cup butterscotch chips
- Cream the butter and sugars together using a hand mixer on medium speed. Once smooth, add the egg and vanilla, continuing to mix with the hand mixer for roughly 2 minutes until all ingredients are completely combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oats, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients using the hand mixer on low. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the apples and butterscotch chips, being careful not to over-mix.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes (if you have the time to!).
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line with parchment paper
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, or roughly one rounded tablespoon, and place onto baking sheet, making sure to leave a couple inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes once removed from oven.
Best served warm, just like fresh apple pie…but in cookie form!
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction