My name is Sonia, and…here it goes…I must admit, that I have developed a baking addiction! Over the past year, it has become somewhat of a hobby of mine. Whether it be to treat myself after a long day, or if I have some spare time and feel like making some goodies for my room mates… I just absolutely love being able to make something new and trying new recipes. And since I’ve always had somewhat of a sweet tooth…I guess it makes sense why I enjoy baking so much!
Recently, my younger sister also began to bake…on a weekly basis even! She has been making different things every week, from cookies, to brownies, to tarts, and it’s become quickly apparent that we have both become bake-a-holics!
So since this is my first post I will leave you with a little something for you to try! Black Bean S’mores Brownies! (I promise, you wont even notice the beans!)
Black Bean S’mores Brownies
1 15oz can of black beans
3 tbsp vegetable oil
6 tbsp cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 cups of marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Drain and rinse the black beans, and place in either a blender or a food processor until pureed.
- In the same blender or food processor, add the eggs, vegetable oil, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, and sugar.
- Lightly grease a 9×9 inch baking pan and pour brownie batter evenly into the pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top, evenly distributing them throughout the pan. Sprinkle 1/2 a cup of graham cracker crumbs on top of the chocolate chip layer as well.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove brownies from oven, and place the marshmallows evenly on top. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of graham crackers on top and then place back in the oven for approximately 5-7 minutes more (for a total cook time of about 30 minutes).
- Allow brownies to cool before cutting into squares…and then…enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Food.com